Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 25- Love forgives

What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ. --2 Corinthians 2:10

Today's Dare-

Whatever you haven't forgiven in your mate, forgive it today. Let it go. Just as we ask Jesus to "forgive us our debts" each day, we must ask Him to help us "forgive our debtors" each day as well. Unforgiveness has been keeping you and your spouse in prison too long. Say from your heart, "I choose to forgive."

What did you forgive your spouse for today? How long have you been carrying the weight of it? What are the possibilities now that you've released this matter to God?

In an effort to keep from shaming my husband, I am not going to share exactly what I have forgiven my spouse for today. But I will tell you that there was one or two major things and then mostly it was little stuff that I have let build up and fester for too long. It was easy for me to forgive them and give them over to God now.

I've been carrying the weight of this since about the time we got married. My heart is open and ready. Now I just need to see if he can forgive me.

**P.S. I also posted Day 24 this morning, so make sure you check it out below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails