Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 20- Love is Jesus Christ

While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6

Today's Dare-

Dare to take God at His Word. Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. Dare to pray, "Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner. But You have shown Your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and You have proven Your power to save me from death by Your resurrection. Lord, change my heart, and save me by Your grace."

Write about what this experience has been like for you. Even if you are only renewing your commitment to receive and express His love, what has He shown you today?

I guess that if I had looked ahead, I would have written most of what I wrote yesterday, today. I think you all know what this experience has been like for me. At the risk of sounding hokey, it has been life changing. I wish that I could tell you just what has happened, but it is so altering, I am not sure how to put it into words... not typical for me!

I asked Jesus into my heart when I was about 8 years old. I knew exactly what I was doing at that time, and I have never questioned that decision. I have never been as committed to Him as I am now. God has shown me today that this dare isn't about my husband. It is about me. If I receive His love, I can then share the same love with my husband.

I can tell you that it has happened without me trying. I have received His love and I am sharing it with my husband. It feels so different, that I have a hard time remembering the way I felt a few months ago when I was sure that our marriage had failed. I was so weak, trying to control everything on my own.

I don't expect that it will all be perfect from here. I imagine that there will be times that I will need to remember to receive God's love. I am an imperfect human being and I always will be. I have taken a sneak peek at some of the upcoming dares and they are going to be extremely difficult, but I will pray for His guidance and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails