Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 14- Love takes delight

Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life. --Ecclesiates 9:9 HCSB

Today's Dare:

Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on. Just be together.

What did you decide to give up? What did you do together? How did it go? What new thing did you learn (or relearn) about your spouse?

I gave up my Saturday or lounging and being lazy (as has been the norm lately) to spend the day working on various needs around the house with Havie. We got up early and did laundry, cleaned out the fridge and pantry, etc. I used my e-mealz.com weekly meal plan to make a comprehensive shopping list and we headed our to do our grocery shopping. This in itself was out of the ordinary because we usually try to shop alone. One of us will go without the other because we think it's more efficient.

On the way to Wal-Mart, I surprised Havie by suggesting that we go to Burlington and do some shopping for him. He has one pair of dress slacks and only 3 dress shirts that he's been wearing to church every week. We have a clothing budget as a part of our envelope system, so I thought we could get him some more pants a few shirts. (I just love Burlington, especially for Men's clothes!) Havie would never have suggested that we go, and I know he loved wearing his new stuff today!

We got our shopping done (and stayed within our budget!) without a hitch. We worked really well together and got along. When we got home, we spent the extra time to wash our fruits and veggies, put them in green bags, separate our meats, etc. It will save us time and effort later and help keep our stuff from rotting (happens more than I care to admit!)

I was exhausted when I hit the pillow, but felt great to have really accomplished something and to have done it all with Havie. I realized that he likes it when I am proactive and have a plan, but am still flexible and respect his input and opinion. It takes a little more effort on my part to be prepared, but it pays off in the end.

And on a personal note, I am done wallowing in whatever I was experiencing recently- just no energy and feeling sorry for myself. I'm moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails