Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 21- Love is satisfied in God

The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire. --Isaiah 58:11

Today's Dare-

Be intentional today about making a time to pray and read your Bible. Try reading a chapter out of Proverbs each day (there are thirty-one-- a full month's supply), or reading a chapter in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). As you do, immerse yourself in the love and promises God has for you. This will add to your growth as you walk with Him.

How do you think spending time daily with God will change your situation and perspective? How can you make Him a bigger part of your day?

The very last sentences of this chapter are: God is your everyday supply. Of everything you need.

I always feel amazed when I read or hear something at exactly the time I need that information. Just when I started to doubt myself and my progress, I realize that I am exactly where I should be.

Let me back up a bit. Those of you that have been reading this blog regularly (Thank you for that, by the way) know that I've hit some bumps in the road during this journey which is exactly what I had to face on day 19. Which set me up for the message on Day 20. Day 20 pretty much blew my mind. I tried to move on to Day 21 last Friday without even reading the chapter. I just read the dare and thought- oh, I can do that today. All of a sudden, something said "stop!" It hit me that I needed to process what was going on and face this revelation I had experienced.

I re-read days 19 and 20, and finally read day 21. It's funny because I blogged about the topic of this chapter on day 20. The chapter stated- It's time to stop expecting somebody or something to keep you functioning and fulfilled on a non-stop basis. Only God can do that as you learn to depend on Him. That's why you need to seek Him every day.

Daily prayer and reading of the bible is absolutely foreign to me, but I am going to make it a priority. I am reading a chapter from Proverbs everyday and along with my 2pm prayer for my husband- I am going to make it a point to pray every morning and evening. One of my fighting rules for myself was to not bring up an issue with my husband until I had a chance to think it through. I am changing that to until I have prayed about it.

My pastor says that God gave us free will and He will not enter into any part of our lives any further than we ask Him to come. I've already received many blessings, I can only imagine what will happen as I give my life to Him, the One who created me.

***P.S. For those of you who are reading this blog and completing the dares, I would highly recommend you get the book. The chapters are very short (2-3 pgs.), but they have a message too valuable. Just a suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails