Thursday, May 20, 2010

Will Power


I felt it start to give last night.  That little urge.  It was late, and I was still awake and I wanted to eat...

But I wasn't hungry.

So, I wrestled with myself.  I had 2.5 of my daily points left and all 35 of my "bonus" points.  I could easily eat something without technically going off plan.  But that's the rub.  Did I need to eat anything?  No.  I just wanted to eat something.  I kept thinking, "I should be in bed." 

Then I remembered that I had some slices of 2% Swiss Cheese, so I pulled out two and ate them.  I shared some with the dogs.  But I still wasn't satisfied.  Back to the fridge...  I pulled out a container of cream cheese and ate the last remaining tsp.  I wondered "why did we save that with only a tsp of cream cheese left?"  And then I heard, "Go to bed."

So I did.

I got up this morning and figured out my points first thing.  It was miniscule.  I had exhausted my points for the day, plus one.  So now I still have 34 bonus points at my disposal for the week, should I desire to use them.  But I really don't want to.

Once I finished on WW.com, I was running late.  I left the house without my breakfast or lunch, without my water, and in frustration. 

Oh, no!  I'm not going to let this get me down.  Yes, it's a red flag.  I should proceed with caution.  But I'm not going to let last night or this morning ruin this for me.  It's too important.  And I'm doing a good job, darn it!  It doesn't have to be perfect to be good.

So, here's the plan.  I've got some yogurt stashed here at work.  Going to go eat that now.  It's okay that I don't have some whole grain cereal or fruit to mix with it.  Something is way better than nothing.  Then, I'm going to pick up Subway for lunch.  Then I'm going to get a new color and haircut (thanks Taryn) and I'm going to feel good and be happy.  When that's done, I'm headed to the grocery store for a few more things to stash at work so I'm prepared for days like today.

What's your plan?

2 comments:

  1. good job! You should try sugar free pops, I think one point and it feels like a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I think going to bed with out that last little treat is the best trick. There's always tomorrow to get in what ever last little treat you were wanting. THIS is one area where procrastination is a good thing. Put off to tomorrow what you don't need to eat today. The other tip I have is that exercise seems to curb my desire for unhealthy food. Have you notice how good salad sounds after a good work out? The last encouraging tidbit I hve for you is that each time you make the right decision you will add to your personal strength and empower yourself to make the right decision the next time...and each and every time you do it will get a little easier to make the right choice until it is such a habit that you won't have to sit and think about it much at all. This works with either denying or encouraging yourself. I'm glad to hear about your progress and wrestle(I bet it helps tremendously to write about it!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails