Monday, May 24, 2010

Preparation



TMI Alert:  I've been throwing up since last night.  I think my homemade guacamole and squash/zucchini slices didn't agree with me.  The vomiting is over, but now the issue has moved *ahem* south.  I hate vomiting and I hate being sick.

Today is weigh-in day!  I'm really not sure what to expect.  So I'm basically not allowing myself to expect anything.  I don't want to be disappointed.  I doubt there will be a gain, but you never know!  I still haven't replaced the watch battery in my scale at home so I have no idea where I'm at.  I'll try to get that posted tonight!

So, onto the business at hand.  After a few days of struggling last week, I determined that I would need to be better prepared for the week ahead.  I have to make this lifestyle change fit in to my routine or else it isn't going to work.  I'm going to be sharing things throughout the week that will help me stay on track.


I don't know about you but I've found that if I have a good breakfast, I will stay on my plan for the rest of the day.  I don't know if it's about metabolism or if it's just mental.  I know that when I have breakfast, I feel like I'm off to a good start and it motivates me to keep it going.  And on the same token, when I don't eat breakfast, I feel like I've already screwed up the day and it can throw the whole day off...  Like Friday.

I'm not a morning person.  I'm doing good to get up and get to work on time most days, so breakfast can't be a big production.  That's why I spent about an hour Saturday morning making a big batch of whole grain waffles.  I then froze them.  When I get up, I can throw it in the toaster, slather on a Tbsp. of Nutella and grab a piece of fruit.  I can even eat it in the car if necessary.  That combined with a glass of milk and I've got a completely satisfying breakfast.

Speaking of milk, I got some Almond Milk last week because there was an awesome coupon and you know what?  I think it's super yummy!  It's lower in calories, fat, sugar, etc. than even regular fat free milk.

What did you have for breakfast?

4 comments:

  1. What did I have for breakfast? Nothing! I couldn't eat after reading your first paragraph. Thanks for the appetite suppressant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a boiled egg. Started counting points with WW today and that used to be my go to breakfast the last time I lost 45 pounds. Hey...if it works!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love almond milk. It's great blended with ice and fruit and a little honey for a treat. Keep going! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails