Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 9- Love Makes Good Impressions

Greet one another with a kiss of love. --1 Peter 5:14

Today's Dare:

Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

When and where did you choose to do your special greeting? How will you change your greeting from this point on?

I thought that today's dare was really interesting. Obviously it was a lot easier than many other days are, but with so much going on- I wasn't focused and it just didn't seem to happen. I don't want to just go through the motions of this love dare. I want to be intentional with each day and try to truly make changes.

Havie and I only have one vehicle because he gave his car to my sister. It works out pretty well for us because I get to work early and have some time to do personal things (like write this blog!) and then he gets off right after I do, so I just swing by and pick him up and go home. We are saving gas money AND it gives us some time together in the car to talk and goof around.

Havie and I are pretty good about greeting each other with a kiss, but it has gotten so routine that it isn't very special anymore. So, I decided that when I picked him up from work, I would wait outside of the Suburban and give him a big hug and kiss and tell him I missed him. For some reason, I hardly ever tell him that I missed him eventhough I do.

He wouldn't let me hug him because he was very dirty, but I grabbed his face instead. He gave me the strangest look. I could tell he was wondering why I did that. And that helped me figure out that I am going to keep him on his toes by finding different ways to greet him everyday. I'm going to mix it up. I think he will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails