Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 4 - Love is Thoughtful

How precious also are Your thoughts to me... How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. --Psalm 139:17-18

Today's Dare:

Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you can do for them.

What did you learn about yourself or your spouse by doing this today? How could this become a more natural, routine, and genuinely helpful part of your lifestyle?

This chapter was all about actively thinking about your spouse like you did when you were first dating. I will be the first to admit that I have at times purposely not let my thoughts be consumed of my husband because I thought it was more important to me focused on other issues. It's amazing how I can see just how wrong I have been... All the while believing that I was doing the right thing.

Havie and I keep in touch during the day with text messages. There was a point in time (not too long ago) when he was so angry with me that he wouldn't answer my calls or texts. I am so grateful we are past that point. However, I don't think I've ever asked him if there is anything I can do for him. I guess I always thought that I didn't have time to do anything for him. It's not even about time, it's about showing that you care and you are thinking of them.

So, yesterday was cold and wet. Poor Havie works outside all day and it was miserable. When I called him, he actually asked me to bring him hot cocoa. I was pleasantly surprised because I expected him to say no or be weird about it. I was excited because I could actually do what he was asking me to.

He was happy, I was happy... How often does that happen!?! :)

I am absolutely going to continue doing this daily. Even if there is nothing or I don't have much time on my hands. I want him to know that I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails