Saturday, January 23, 2010

See, What Had Happened Was...

I'm not really sure where to begin. I left the blog months ago without much of an explanation. So, I guess I just need to begin there.

In August of 2009, Xavier and I separated. It was all based on one particular event that I really don't want to go into detail about. You can read about it here. As a result, I felt this determination to take the focus off the marriage and turn it to myself. I had just spent months working on The Love Dare, and what I had realized is that it wasn't enough. So, I set off on a new journey- one that is still in progress which you can read about here.

If you've been following my blogs for a while, you'll notice that I've once again changed the blog title from Butterflying Brandi to La Vida Subida. (You'll find the explanation at the new blog)

But I'll get back on track. Basically I spent the next 3 months focused on taking care of myself, and the relationship started to repair itself. We both realized that we had a lot of work to do, but we wanted to do it. We wanted to save our marriage.

We reunited in Salt Lake City, Halloween weekend which also started a brand new journey that weekend without realizing it. As a result, we have since converted and are now member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You can read all about that here.

Xavier was sent home shortly after my visit and it gave us the opportunity to work on us face-to-face. It hasn't been perfect, but we are still a work in progress. Our faith has strengthened us in a way that I really can't explain. I feel closer to him that I've ever felt before.

As of today, everything is stable. We're both working. We're both happy. We're both healthy. We're both ready to move forward. Which is where the blog comes in. As we continue to move forward, we are going to be sharing our combined experiences here.

That's right! Xavier's voice will soon be a part of your reading experience!

We're excited!

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear your update and excited to hear from your hubs! i am impressed by your fortitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brandi, I had no idea how much stress you have been under. I knew you've been having hard times but I could only imagine that marriage problems are the worst. You are such an inspiration though! Look how hard you guys have been working at it, I can only imagine how much you have grown and learned. Keep it up friend, it can only get better from here. I know I'm moving soon but I will keep up with your blog (as I hope you do mine!) and you'll have my love and support via the web!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails