Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Say What?!!

Yes, just like that...

I stared at the total in utter amazement... I guess you could call it "sticker shock". (hardy, har, har- had to throw a little WW pun in there for ya) But I honestly couldn't believe it said that I had lost 7.8 L-B's this past week.

YES! 7.8! I KNOW! I couldn't believe it either. That's alot. Even for a big ol' gal like me...

Or is it?

Because then I promptly plunked my plump personage (try saying that 5 times fast) on the eliptical machine at the gym and did sweatin' to The Biggest Loser. Isn't that one the best? (p.s. they are really turning up the drama this season)

And it got me thinkin'...

Some people may look at 7.8 lbs and be like, NO FAIR. I can't lose that much in a week! And it's true, they really probably can't because they would die. lol... But seriously, isn't it all about the percentage (ala Biggest Loser style)?

So when you break it down like that- I started out 312 lbs. this week, so my percentage of weight lost is: 2.5% which seems MUCH more reasonable.

Most importantly, I realize that I won't keep this up. My goal for next week is still just 2 pounds. I'm just going to continue to track my points and get in my work outs. (More coming on that last subject soon.)

And a final note- I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fact that I'm really not doing this alone. Cayce and Ashley- you two may not realize just how much you keep me motivated, but I just cherish the fact that I can count on you two for encouragement and know you're going through the same things I am. And beyond that, I am been blessed by so many friends and family who are cheering me on. And finally, I am so grateful to have a husband who is willing to eat good stuff with me and go to the gym with me. What more could a girl ask for?

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails