Wednesday, January 13, 2010

S.O.S.


I'm doing it again, people. Please help me out here because I don't want to repeat this pattern!

My WI was last night and it didn't go the way I wanted it to. I didn't gain any weight, but I also didn't lose any weight. Stayed just the same- to the very ounce. I was even wearing the exact same clothes! lol...

It shouldn't have been a surprise (and it honestly wasn't) but I'm still feeling all down and out. I'm getting that typical feeling that happens not too long before I just give up, and I'm not going out like that again.

No! I'm not.

The frustration I feel right now is with myself, but that isn't even productive. I know better. So, here's the facts:

We have made some AMAZING changes in our life here lately and all of a sudden, we have a LIFE. We went from the two of us sitting our lazy butts in front of the tv all evening, every evening to lessons with Elders, Family Home Evenings, Dinners with new friends, etc. And while we've enjoyed them- TRULY- it has thrown our household into a tailspin. The ONLY reason we haven't completely lost it yet is because Havie is still not working and has time to make sure laundry is done and the house is clean. If it weren't for that my friends, I would be sitting in a corner drooling. Seriously. I just can't handle this much chaos. I'm a creature of habit. I like routines and structure.

SO- I'm just going to have to make it happen.

It all boils down to one crucial thing- Time Management. UGH. I am really terrible at this folks, always have been. It is totally standing in the way of my weight loss/health goal. It's this terrible cycle of not being prepared and then resorting to eating whatever is convenient, and often being so hungry by the time that I do eat that I massively overeat.

I have got to figure it out though. Things are only going to get harder from here:

1. We were informed Sunday that we will be called this week as Co-Chairs on the Activities Committee. I am so excited because I'll get to do some event planning! Of course that also means I'll be needing to devote time to the cause.

2. I will be starting Visiting Teaching soon. Something I'm also very excited about- especially because my companion is someone I've wanted to get to know better. Again, also something that is going to require some of my time.

3. Havie is very likely going to be working again soon and then there will be no one to pick up the slack during the day. (It's actually been quite a blessing having him at home)

I know that this is not just a weight issue. It's a whole life issue. It's making the majority of my life predictable, so that I may be able to enjoy the unpredictable without devastating consequences.

So, this is where you come in- How do you do it? Are there some tricks or skills I missed out on? How do you balance all of your obligations? I will try ANYTHING you suggest!

3 comments:

  1. Babe I know you can do what you set your mind to.I will do what it takes to help you in anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning this right now too. I am trying to find the best way to manage our time. Right now I have a notebook divided into sections. I have a daily schedule (one for the week and one for the weekend) that stays at the front of the notebook so that I can see it. The daily schedule includes things that have to get done. That way my mind is not always thinking about what needs to get done...I know that there is a time set for everything. I am still trying to decide what to put in other sections of the notebook, but one is my calendar where appts, birthdays, etc are written. I need suggestions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a woman on the planet NOT needing to get better at this??? For me, I have to make a list of priorities and put everything in order. So then I take the list and schedule them on my calendar for the week. Spending daily time with God is #1, so I have to schedule it first, first thing in the morning, or it doesn't get done. Next is family time. There are some things that happen every week no matter what (work commitments, etc.), but on the extra nights I always schedule family time and try to plan an activity or menu for that time so that it's purposeful and we don't just sit around and let the time pass. I always make sure we schedule a date night at least once a month and I try for twice. It just feels reassuring to know that it's scheduled and even if I feel disconnected from my husband I know that date night is coming up. I try to schedule things in order of their priority. Balance is a constant goal and I am working hard to get there! Good luck to you on your journey. I know you can do it! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails