Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 37- Love agrees in prayer

If two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father. --Matthew 18:19

Today's Dare-

Ask your spouse if you can begin praying together. Talk about the best time to do this, whether it's in the morning, your lunch hour, or before bedtime. Use this time to commit your concerns, disagreements, and needs before the Lord. Don't forget to thank Him for His provision and blessing. Even if your spouse refuses to do this, resolve to spend this daily time in prayer yourself.

What can you do to help your mate be willing for the two of you to begin praying together? If you agreed to pray together, what was it like? What did you learn from it?

This chapter basically says that praying together can guarantee with near 100 percent assurance that our life together would significantly improve. It may be the "one thing" that can save a marriage. And I believe that it's true. If two people can come together in earnest prayer together it can move mountains.

The problem comes in when the two people can't seem to come together...

He just isn't there yet. He half-heartedly agreed to do it, but not because he wanted to. Because he thought that he had to. I am not going to push him to join me, but I am committed to praying every morning and evening. I am going to read my bible in the evening. I will always invite him to join me. Hopefully he will see something in me that speaks to his heart.

He will come around in his time. I have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails