Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 28- Love makes sacrifices

He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers. --1 John 3:16 HCSB

Today's Dare-

What is one of the greatest needs in your spouse's life right now? Is there a need you could lift from their shoulders today by a daring act of sacrifice on your part? Whether the need is big or small, purpose to do what you can to meet their need.

How much of your mate's stress is caused by your lack of concern or initiative? When you expressed a desire to help, how did they receive it? Are there other needs you could meet?

My husband's biggest need right now is his career situation. He is miserable and doesn't see a way out. The economy has put an end to the type of work that he's been doing for years. So, if he leaves this job, he won't be making nearly as much money and he will have to start all over in a different line of work. He doesn't want to hurt us financially, especially since I am already making less money now than I was a few months ago. I've tried to tell him that it is okay and that we are going to be alright, but he's not buying it.

I decided that the biggest sacrifice I could make would be to sell off a bunch of things to make us some cash and move into a smaller and cheaper place to live. This will help us in two ways- If our monthly bills are smaller, then Havie will be able to find another job AND we will be able to put him in school so he can start working toward the career he really wants.

We have been living below our means already, but I am really going to strap down now and do whatever it takes. I know that his biggest stress comes from feeling like he has to provide for me. And he has been a wonderful provider. But now, I need to turn the tables and provide for him so that later he can provide for his family and be happy about it.

He understands why I want to do this and he is grateful, but at the same time apprehensive. He doesn't want me to be unhappy, and I won't be. I thought that I would, but I can see that I am going to be okay. I don't need the stuff and the nice home to make me feel good anymore.

There are lots of needs that I can meet, and I plan to meet those needs as well, but for now this is my main concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails