Friday, August 14, 2009

Finally talking

Well, this week has been another opportunity for me to show those true blue colors of mine. It's been one of those really introverted weeks. I always think a LOT before I talk (well not always, but I always regret when I don't). I haven't even been sure of what I was thinking so hard on. It's hard to describe, but I had an unexplained emotion and just had to ponder on it for a bit and in the mean time I just didn't have it in me to "talk".

I am past it now and gonna use this blog to catch up a bit!



First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude for this girl right here. My baby sister, Sienna, just isn't a baby anymore. In fact, she is 15 years old today. She is officially older than I was when she was born. I remember rocking you to sleep. You loved for me to sing to you. She is beautiful (inside and out), intelligent, caring, and wise beyond her years. She's everything I wish I could have been at her age, and maybe I was a little bit. I am so proud of her. I pray that she will see these things within herself and continues to hope for a brighter future. I love you, Sienna! Happy Birthday!

Switching gears... Many of you may have read on Facebook that my husband leaves tomorrow morning for Wyoming. The economy has really hit his line of work hard and the jobs are few and far between. He was going to start school in the Fall, but he wasn't comfortable with our "buffer". I can support his decision for a number of reasons-

1. He is simply unhappy when he isn't working. His self-worth (like many men) comes largely from his ability to provide for us.
2. This job is going to pay well and we've been able to reduce our budget, so this will be an opportunity for us to sack away a significant chunk of change to pay for college, debts, etc.
3. He is my husband and I promised to support him.

Am I happy about it? No. I'm sad and I'm worried, but I have faith. I may not know what this year is going to bring. I am surely going to miss him like crazy. It's going to be hard, but not impossible. What is right usually doesn't feel good right now, but has the best results in the long run!

And switching gears on more time- I HAVE A CONTEST WINNER TO ANNOUNCE!

Since there were only two comments, I am just going to flip a coin. Heads is Leslie and tails is Cayce............. tails it is! Cayce you are the winner of the Financial Peace University Kit! I will message you privately to get your address!

Just one more update- I am going to post a blog this weekend on the progress of my organization mission! I have pictures and lots of details, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you finally talked...what you have to say is important. love ya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails