Thursday, June 3, 2010
Thankful Thursday Returns
Once upon a time, this blog had very little to do with weight loss. It was just about my life and the things I was doing to make it better. And it still is, but for the time being (and probably for a while) my focus is becoming healthier- physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.
Once upon a time, I used to write a list of everything I was thankful for once a week. It was my attempt to stay positive and remind myself of all the blessings I have in my life. And it was my favorite, but somehow it got lost in the shuffle. So I'm bringing it back. I think this journey is mostly mental anyhow, so an attitude adjustment is greatly needed!
Here we go! (in no particular order, I just type them as I think of them)
* For new blogger friends! I feel like this whole new world of support has opened up for me. You guys are inspirational and you're honest and you're fabulous. YOU ROCK!
* For my husband. My havienero. I miss you when you work these crazy shifts, but so grateful that you work hard to provide for our little family.
* For my pups. You two look like ragamuffins right now, but you make my heart melt. Even when you're barking at thunder and driving me crazy, I know you're just being protective.
* For my family and friends. I know you love me because you listen to me and try to help me. I know I can be a mess, but you've never given up on me. Thank you for the support over the years.
* For rainy nights followed by sunny days. Literally and Figuratively
* For not having to water my plants for a while after last nights downpour.
* For having a stomach bug (AGAIN!) because at least I get to spend some time with my hubby today. (Did you see me turn that negative into a positive?)
* Last, but certainly not least- I'm truly grateful for the gospel. For a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. For the Spirit to guide me. For my brothers and sisters who inspire, teach, comfort. It's changed my life in every good way I know.
So, now it's your turn! I challenge you to come up with your own list! Can't we all use a little attitude adjustment from time to time?