Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Checking In

Oh bloggy friends, I have missed you so.  I wish I could keep up with what's going on in your worlds right now, but I don't have Internet access very often and when I do, it's usually for just a few minutes.  I'm babysitting an adorable little boy today and tomorrow and I was able to connect while he's napping.

There's so much I want to tell you, but I probably need to keep it brief so, here's the highlights!

1.  I made it to Lubbock!  I pulled a trailer for 11 hours all by myself and through San Antonio traffic no less!

2.  I'm settled in.  I'm staying with one of my oldest friends and it was an easy transition.  I'm very grateful.

3.  I feel good!  I've been working out almost daily.  My best friend so sweetly bought me a membership and I've been doing Zumba and Power Pump for the last week.  I've been working though the pain and I'm seeing results already.

4.  I'm not doing WW.  I'm just eating healthy and conscientiously.  I will probably get more serious about it soon, but for now I'm liking the fact that I'm not worried about it.

5.  I haven't been weighing myself.  Again,something I'll probably get more serious about soon, but for now I'm not worried about it.

6.  I'm happy.  I'm sad sometimes too, but mostly I'm happy.  It's been rough with my husband, but I have faith that I'm doing what needed to be done for me and if things do work out for us- I will be a better wife as a result.  

7.  I know with every fiber of my being that I'm doing the right thing.  I've prayed and prayed for guidance and what God wants for me is to take care of myself for once in my life and stop trying to take care of everyone else instead.  This isn't about saving my marriage.  It's about saving me.  The marriage will follow.

8.  And lastly, I have big plans for myself.  There's so much I've needed to do for so long and I've just put it on the back burner for so long- therapy, al-anon, taking care of my health.  I'm going to do it all now.  I'm not that excited about it, but it's what needs to be done.

I hope I'll be able to blog more soon and get back in touch with all of you.  Thanks for sticking by me and my ever-evolving blog.

2 comments:

  1. we have missed you!! glad to hear everything is going as smoothly as possible for you--you're right, Heavenly Father knows YOU & loves YOU & He has your back! :) We missed you last night---I think you need to come back & watch the Bachlorette finale with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo glad to hear that you are doing what you need to do!! Now that you're in Lubbock we should get together!! And yay for working out and feeling great!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails