Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday


It's been too long since I've made a Thankful Thursday list. 

I haven't been feeling so thankful for too long.  I've felt pretty angry about what I've been dealt in life.  And for some, it's understandable.  This isn't a feel sorry for me post so I'm not going into detail, but it's safe to say that my trials started at a young age and there's been many.  It's easy to look at others lives and wonder why they have it so easy and why I've had it so hard.  But I know that's the fastest way to never feel satisfied with anything.

So gratitude needs to be a daily decision- I'm going to start today.  I'm thankful for-

*  A Heavenly Father who knows me, loves me, challenges me and never gives up on me.
*  For the Atonement of Jesus Christ who suffered every pain any of us will ever feel in the Garden of Gesthemane.
*  For the Holy Spirit who fills me with light and truth, who lets me know I'm not alone.
*  For my sisters.  It's such a special bond- sisterhood.  I'm lucky to have 4 "little" sisters in my life.  They lift me up, make me laugh until I need to pee, bring out my mama bear, keep me real, and dry my tears.
*  For my family.  We're a rag tag dysfunctional bunch, but there's a whole lot of love and forgiveness.  I don't even know how to summarize what I feel for all of these people, but I am truly blessed!
*  For my friends.  You know, devastation truly lets you know who your friends are.  The ones that dare to ask how you are and want to know an honest answer.  Who check in and see through the mask.  Who give as much as they get.  I've said it before and I'll say it again- I'll take quality over quantity anyday.
*  For memories.  To remind me that this too shall pass.
*  For safety.  I have a shelter and food to eat and even if it takes me a while to find a job I know that I will be okay.
*For health.  This is not a doing of my own, for a long time I worked against my own health but I've been lucky to not have any serious issues to contend with.
* For choices.  I'm grateful for agency in my life even when I am affected by other's freedom to choose.
* For Xavier and our marriage.  This is a fake it til you make it one.  I know there's something to be grateful for there, I'm just not finding it yet.  I'm going to keep trying.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails