Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Lesson in Gratitude


I think it's safe to say that I am pretty much completely pathologically unable to be satisfied with my life- with myself.  I can sit here and try to explain why, but it really doesn't matter.  The point is that it's time to change.

High expectations are good.  Unrealistic expectations are not.  Having an eye on the future and improving are good unless it keeps you from seeing the here and now.  You cannot expect to receive blessings if you can't appreciate the ones you already have.

The issue is mine and mine alone.

And, it's time.

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman!! Thanks for helping the kiddos today during Sacrament meeting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me thinks you are waaayyy toooooo hard on yourself :) ---you are a great person and an excellent New Moon board player :)he-he & there is nothing wrong with trying for perfection

    We all have down times in our lives, but soon you'll be on the other side of it, and this moment will be just a brief memory in your happily-ever-after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciated your post...I also deal with this and you are right on with the need for the solution. GRATITUDE is the attitude that will bring relief! See how wise you are!?! This was a great reminder--thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails